Thursday, March 11, 2010

Free Lunch

For some reason, every year when my birthday approaches, I begin to half-expect some sort of monetary gift from a random family member.  I was 13 the last time that happened.  I'm 34 now.  But the hope for a monetary surprise, via snail mail, still stubbornly persists.

This year, my birthday came and went...no random monetary gift.  However, a neighborhood diner (just 3 blocks down the road) sent me a coupon for a free entree.  It wasn't money, but it'll do just fine.  I was 13 all over again--and it felt great.

Sometimes contentment springs from unexpected places...




















Peace origami crane art poster print, from Field Trip - $20.


















Vintage Royal Quiet De Luxe typewriter, from Adventures in Vintage - $115.






















Organic rosemary lemon soap, from Etta And Billie - $9.






















"Follow Me (2)" fisheye photo, from Holly E. Photography - $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...