Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eco-friendlier. New chalkboards -- the "all-wood" series.

For those of you familiar with my Etsy shop, you've most likely seen my staple item: the repurposed chalkboard.  Typically, I upcycle these from old windows and cabinet doors (and feature a functional assortment of vintage/salvaged hardware).  On a recent salvaging expedition, I came across a big 'ol pile of wooden cabinet doors that were still in like new condition.  Usually, I sand and paint these, but these guys were in such great shape that I decided to leave them in their natural state.  They are now part of my "All-Wood" series, and were just recently listed in my shop.  Here are the stars of the show:

THE SOUS CHEF - $49.





















GRAPE NOTES - $47.





















THE ROOTS - $45.





















TURN A SQUARE - $47.





















HOUSE OF CHALK - $39.





















"House of Chalk" has now been nominated for the "Trash to Craft" Challenge.  The eco-friendly item that wins will be featured on "The Daily Green"!  To vote, head on over to Etsy.  Here's the link: Trash to Craft Challenge.  Vote for Half Pint Salvage!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...