Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What inspires you?

Recently, I was interviewed for Re-Nest's (Apartment Therapy) "Handmade Home". Surprisingly, I struggled with answering a question that dealt with what inspires me. I sat and thought about it, and honestly, my brain was totally blank.

I think we make it difficult on ourselves when we try to accomplish creative tasks. We go in thinking that a masterpiece will instantly be born. When in reality, trial and error is really the backbone of anything that is ultimately creatively "successful".

Lately, I've found it helpful to pause and try to figure out what inspires me (which also takes a bit of practice). What I've discovered is that I'm intrigued by lots of things that most people see as flaws--discarded materials, rusty hardware, chipped paint, and in a general sense, junk.

Sometimes, even abandoned vehicles can inspire you.








































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...