Tuesday, July 27, 2010

In Focus: Mademoiselle Chipotte

I'm no stranger to collecting...stuff. Actually, it's more like amassing than collecting. Nevertheless, these collections form the happy, little piles that give my apartment its charm. The result is a visual symphony of meant-to-be, discarded treasures. On my radiator shelf, you'll find a bucket filled with wine and champagne corks. To the right is my jar of plastic sock holder thingies. Six inches from that is my box of movie ticket stubs. And towards the end, sits my stack of envelopes (from the ghosts of business correspondences past), just itching to be recycled in some clever way.

Mademoiselle Chipotte, an international Etsy seller from Belgium--is admittedly a "collections collector..." and a "...compulsive buyer". Their shop is an intriguing mixture of vintage flea market finds, miniature doodads, eclectic souvenirs, jewelery and more. Perusing through their shop, I begin to wonder where each little trinket might go in my apartment. The cuteness of each item confirms the obvious--they must go somewhere!

Teeny Tiny Dolly, $7.50





















Vintage Ring, $25





















Miniature Television Set, $8



















Set of old Whistles, $35



















Set of British Postage Stamps, $5



















Virgin Mary Souvenir from Lourdes, France, $8



















Vintage Miniature Lawn Chair Set, $40

1 comment:

  1. fun seller. I am going to go browsing...i always need more little things!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...