Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Playing with fire

My apartment sports a non-working, fake fireplace. Ironically, this is good news--because for some reason I've been afraid of fire since I was a kid. Actually, it's more like a fear of really high heat. But fire will make me tremble a bit too.

Maybe it all spawned from touching a hot sauce pan as a kid and burning my hand. After the burn was treated and the wound healed, I remember thinking our stove was a death trap. And ever since that incident, my fear has slowly morphed in to a fear of actual fire.

To this day, I shy away from burning fires and high heat--so cookouts, bonfires and even backyard fireworks hijinks are a bit scary. I've gotten over the stove phobia now--maybe these lovely items will help me conquer my other fire/heat-related fears...






































































From top to bottom:

1. Vintage Matchbook Notepads, $10 - from Soma Venus.
2. Antique Red/White Enamel Pot, $27 - from Behind The Screen Door.
3. On Fire Screenprint, $60 - from The Dyslexic Press.
4. Felt Camp Fire Set, $60 - from Sweetie Pie Bakery.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...