Monday, August 16, 2010

Recycle This!

I'm an eco-conscious person, so whenever I need to package up an order (from my Etsy shop), the recycle bin is my first stop. There's a gaming shop down the street--they usually have a slew of small boxes. And every Monday, Trader Joe's is the box mecca. I usually hit them up around 10 or so, when they're re-stocking. That way I get the odd-sized ones...like the case boxes for Clif Bars--those are perfect!

I've already stockpiled a massive collection of recycled packaging materials too. Craigslist has been the best for that. Last week I totally scored! This couple had just moved to Seattle and had A TON of left over packaging. I swooped by and took it all. Probably won't need any of that until next year.

Let's recycle people!

Upcycled laundry box book, $18 - from Soma Venus.
 






















Recycled turquoise flower tags, $4 - from A Hue of Duck Egg Blue.


















Painter's tape core/yellow brocade bracelet, $12 - from Becklaces.






















Reclaimed packing materials, $3.85 - from Home Salvage.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great breathing new life into something that would normally be discarded? - I love the process of re-inventing, it's ecologically sound and great fun! Becklaces' bangle is a great example of this!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...