Monday, August 30, 2010

Death to the Penny!

I recently read that it costs around 1.2 cents to produce each and every penny. That's right folks, 1.2 cents. If you're scoring at home, that's higher than the current value of our copper friend. I say it's time for a change (pun intended). It's time to take a green approach to money-making (lots of puns in that one)--coins specifically. Let's start producing less and spending more. Confused yet? Well too bad. Time is money, so let's keep going.

Basically, it comes down to this: all businesses should be forced to use the "take a penny, leave a penny" system (for all instances where change due is 4 cents or less). This will solve the "cashier with a God complex" problem. You know what I'm talking about. Your total is $15.01 and they refuse to spot you the penny. Grrrr....

Death to the penny! Who's with me?!

"Black Abe" Print, $15 - from Justin Richel.























Vintage copper number, "1/2", $3 - from Myra Melinda.

















"I Love You D.C." photo print, $15 - from Capow.



















The Batali Bracelet, $34 - from The Peach Tree.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for including my print! My dad has been collecting pennies and rolling them by year they were minted since before I was born in anticipation of them not being made anymore and being worth more than $0.01....time will tell! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...